This page explains how to to get up and running with TrueLayer's Shopify app, powered by our latest Payments API v3 to access all of TrueLayer's payment products in all supported geographies.
Before you can integrate TrueLayer into your Shopify store, you must set up a Console account. Console is our back-office dashboard that allows you configure your TrueLayer account.
Here's how to configure your Console account:
- Sign up to Console and verify your account.
- Create a new application and download your
- Go to the TrueLayer app listing on the Shopify Marketplace.
- Install the app to your desired store.
- Go to the Admin panel of your Shopify store and click on TrueLayer Payments under the Apps section.
- Go to Sandbox settings and download your signing key.
- Now go back to TrueLayer's Console and go to Payments > Settings. Ensure that Sandbox mode is toggled on in Console:
- Upload the signing key from Step 2. When done, copy the KID and paste it back in the TrueLayer app settings in Shopify. Then, save and continue.
- Copy the Webhook URI at the bottom of your Sandbox Settings in the App's settings in Shopify. Go back to TrueLayer's Console and go to Payments > Settings, then paste the URL into the Webhook URI section.
- Go to Console's App Settings and the following URL in the Allowed redirect URIs section:
- Return to the TrueLayer Payments app settings in Shopify, and go to Live settings. Repeat steps 6-10 but for your live environment.
- When you're ready to go-live, go to Settings > Payments. Then, click Manage next to TrueLayer Payments. Uncheck Test mode, then click Save. You can now process live payments!
Updated about 1 month ago