A refund is a payment, or multiple payments, that can add up to the total value of an initial pay-in in your merchant account.
If integrated through the TrueLayer API, refunds are issued using the
However, you can also issue refunds for payments from the payments view in Console without the need to integrate with the endpoint.
A person signed into your application in Console can only issue a refund if they have:
- The Owner, Admin or Payments Operator role in the application.
- Set up multi-factor authentication (MFA) for their Console account. If you do not have MFA enabled, configure it from the User settings page or from the payments view.
To refund a payment:
- Click the payment in the payments view to select it.
The right sidebar shows details of the payment.
- If you are authenticated with MFA, a Refund button displays. Otherwise, you need to sign in before it displays. A modal opens in the payments view that enables you to do this. You can also sign in using the
When you sign in with MFA, a 5 minute session starts during which you can refund payments. After 5 minutes, you need to authenticate again.
- A dialog displays. Enter the amount of the original payment to refund.
The amount of money refunded cannot be more than the amount of the original payment.
- Click Refund.
A confirmation modal shows the payment details. The refund also displays in the payments view if successful.
Updated 16 days ago