Create a customised payment and mandate experience with TrueLayer's Android SDK.
With the TrueLayer SDK for Android, you can quickly add a user interface to your app to initiate an open banking payment, or to create a recurring payment mandate. This page guides you through how to set up and use the TrueLayer SDK in your Android app.
The Android SDK presents native screens that allows your users to select their bank and consent to the payment or mandate. Then, it redirects them to their banking app or website to authorise the payment or mandate. It also handles network requests and errors and gives you some options to customise the user interface.
The SDK is designed to work with Android 5.0 (API level 21) and above. It is currently optimised for the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, and Lithuania.
Beta testers can also use the Android SDK for banks in Austria, Belgium, Finland, Poland and Portugal.
The user interface can be displayed in English, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Finnish and Lithuanian.
The Android SDK payment journey
When a customer makes a payment through your Android SDK integration:
- The user chooses to pay with an instant bank payment, or to set up a recurring payment mandate.
- Your backend creates a payment or mandate with TrueLayer. In return you receive a token.
- Your app uses the
resource_tokenand initialises the SDK.
- Your user selects and confirms their provider on the provider selection screen. If the bank needs additional information from the user, such as IBAN or branch, then the SDK asks the user to enter these.
- For providers that use a redirect flow, the mobile SDK redirects your user to their bank's website or app. Your user authorises the payment in their bank's website or app.
- For providers that use an embedded flow, the mobile SDK collects the user's credentials and handles strong customer authentication in order to authorise the payment.
- Once the authorisation is complete, the user is redirected to your
redirect_url. You can then confirm the result to your user.
Updated about 2 months ago
Install and configure the Android SDK