Wordpress 4.5 or greater, WooCommerce 6 or later
Before you start accepting payments with TrueLayer, you need to sign up for an account on the TrueLayer Console and generate key credentials. Console is a dashboard which you can use to manage your TrueLayer account.
To sign up for Console and configure your account, read the guide below.
- Go to Console.
- Sign up to Console and verify your new account.
- Create a new application, choose a client ID and download your
- In the top-right corner, switch the toggle so that Live is greyed out.
- Go to Payments API. The plugin uses Payments API v3 to power your payments through TrueLayer on your store.
- Generate a public and private key. These are required credentials that you'll enter into the plugin later. Use this article to generate them.
Store them in a secure place. Only you know your private key, which provides an additional and essential layer of security.
- In Console, click Payments in the left navigation bar, then click Get Started.
- Upload your generated public key from step 5:
- Create your merchant account.
- Enter the name you want your merchant account to have. This can either be a company name or a person's name: it will be what your customers see on their bank statement after they pay you. Then click CREATE.
- Under Payments API, go to Settings and set your Webhook URI. The Webhook URI provides a destination for TrueLayer to send payment status updates to. Update this to the following:
- Click the cog icon in the top-left to open the Settings page.
- Add a return URI under Allowed redirect URIs.
This is where your customers are redirected to after they authorise a payment. Update this to the following:
You've now configured your TrueLayer account.
Updated about 1 month ago